The 2nd World Marimba Competition; Martha Klimasara was diclared the winner.
Date: Sun Aug 29 16:24:17 1999
[Okaya 29th] The final round of the 2nd World Marimba Competition was held at Kanora Hall, Okaya, Japan, and Martha Klimasara of Poland was declared the winner. The Abe Keiko Prize was awared to Gwendolyn Patricia Burgett of USA. The 2nd and the 3rd prize was awarded to Hama Mayumi(Japan) and Jasmin Kolberg (Germany).
The final round started at 10:30AM on the 29th, and 3 candidates played in the morning, and three in the afternoon. Each candidates playing time and the piece, and the instrument used are listed below.
The next competition will be held in Stuttgart May 28 - June 3, 2002.
- 10:30- Ozaki Noriko "Keiko Abe: Prism Rhapsody" Yamaha
- 11:00- Marting Grubinger "Andreas Koppel: Concerto" Adams
- 11:30- Hama Mayumi "Keiko Abe: Prism Rhapsody" Yamaha
- 12:45- Martha Klimasara "Andreas Koppel: Concerto" MarimbaOne
- 13:15- Jasmin Kolberg "Andreas Koppel: Concerto" Malletech
- 13:45- Kijiya Noriko "Andreas Koppel: Concerto" Korogi