Notifications
Clear all

Guatemalan Marimba

1 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@colbyreeves)
Topic starter  

I was wondering if anyone has experience with Guatemalan Marimbas. I know they have a rich history but I was wondering how they play. Any info would be greatly apreciatted

ReplyQuote
Nat
 Nat
(@nat)
Member Admin

Usually, two to four players lines up on one Marimba and plays ensenble. Mostly, two mallets technique.

ReplyQuote
(@avelez)

Querido Amigo,

Greetings!!!

Given that the border between Guatemala and Chiapas, Mexico is much more of a political divider than a cultural one, you may find the Marimba Sol de Chiapas website to be helpful in answering your questions about the marimba traditions in MesoAmerica:

www.geocities.com/marimbasoldechiapas

Marimba Sol de Chiapas is the quartet specializing in the musical traditions of Mexico and Central America via a beautiful and enchanting authentic instrument from Chiapas, Mexico. The first group of its kind permanently based in the United States, and calling Kansas City home since 1991 (formerly as Marimba Yajalon), we perform in a variety of settings--both nationally and internationally--including conventions, concerts, receptions, parties, fundraisers, festivals, and more.

If I may be of any assistance, please don

ReplyQuote
Share: