Prism Rhapsody and Northern Lights

1 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@drumultima)
Topic starter  

a few questions:

1)
I am considering Abe's Prism Rhapsody concerto (for 1 marimba) for a few concerto competitions that I will be entering in in the upcoming school year, and I'm having a very difficult time tracking down a recording of it...

does anyone know of one? personal recordings or CDs that include the piece would suffice...

2)
What recordings of Eric Ewazen's Northern Lights are out there other than Janis Potter's? I am considering this piece as a possible 4-mallet college audition piece...

thanks in advance 🙂

ReplyQuote
(@artgirl01)

hey ana 🙂

for northern lights, i found a recording on steve weiss, check this out:

http://www.steveweissmusic.com/catalog/product_info.php/products_id/25979

dont know about the abe, sorry

ReplyQuote
(@chrismcnally)

I don't mind saying that my recording of Northern Lights is reall great!!! It is on "Percussion Music of Eric Ewazen" on Resonator Records: www.mostlymarimba.com or probably Weiss. I am very proud of this recording. Eric was at the recording session, along with She-e Wu and Leigh Stevens, and all liked the results very much.
On this same CD is Ewazen's marimba concerto (She-e Wu, soloist), which is one of the best marimba recordings in existence, and Palace of Nine Perfections for perc. ens. with the U of OK ensemble.
Check it out, and I hope you enjoy it.
Sincerely, Gordon Stout

ReplyQuote
Share: