Notifications
Clear all

G H Green

1 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@elissa57)
Topic starter  

Hey, my friend and I have a marimba band, and we mainly play the rags of GH Green, as well as his other pieces, including Alabama Moon and Soanish Waltz. We have been looking to expand our reportoire beyond just the rags, which are cool, but then, you can't really play an hour of rags for a gig, eh?
Anyway, any suggestions on how to get a hold of Green's out of print stuff, or any suggestions on good pieces for marimba band would be great. Thanks!
-Mark

P.S.- If anybody is in Newport, Ky, on July 31st, our marimba band is playing 3:30 p.m. at Newport on the Levee!

ReplyQuote
(@d_gambrell)

Sorry, I don't know what to tell you about the out print Green stuff. As far as other styles or material, why don't you try some Latin American stuff? Marimba Sol de Chiapas has some great written arrangements. Check them out!

ReplyQuote
(@chrismcnally)

Mark,
First, I have played literally hundreds of marimba band gigs over the years with only rags, and have always found that people love it.
Second, try going to www.mostlymarimba.com, which is the website for Keyboard Percussion Publications. They publish many, if not all of Bob Becker's arrangements of Green's works - rags and concert pieces, etc. I don't have the catologue here right now.
Good luck.
Gordon

ReplyQuote
Share: