Clear all

Suggestions for Marimba + Piano repertoire

1 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@daynex11)
Topic starter  

Dear all,

I am currently in Singapore, and I'm thinking of forming a Marimba and Piano duo as a regular performing act to greater expand the marimba literature being played here. Does anybody have any good suggestions for repertoire considering that I am limited to a 4.3 octave, and the pieces need to be audience-friendly, for the local audience here is not ready for stuff which is too avant-garde. I'm already thinking about ragtimes, musser etudes, marimba concerti (piano reduction), classical transcriptions. Are there any specific pieces (or new ideas) which you would like to recommend? Thanks.

Yann

ReplyQuote
(@bigdrums2)

Peter Kogan (timpanist of the Minnesota Orchestra) did a great arrangement of the Mendelssohn "Scherzo" from a Midsummer's Night Dream.

It's published by a small publisher here in Cleveland. Email me if you need help.

Don't forget the Musser "Scherzo Caprice" and even though it's modern Toshi Ichiyanagi's "Paganini Personal" is a great piece and I'm sure that your audience could stretch it's ears once in a while.

Best wishes!

ReplyQuote
Share: