Clear all

Marimba Piece

1 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
 mfd3
(@mfd3)
Topic starter  

Hi, this is my first post, though I've been reading this site for a good while. I was wondering what suggestions you would have for marimba music. I've just finished Skoog's Water & Fire. The list of music that I've played is rather short, containing Sea Refractions, Waves, Ballad for Petra, Water & Fire, Yellow After the Rain, Raindance, and Jungle Walk. Unfortunately, I just graduated high school and have no means to practice marimba, but I am actively searching for one to buy. I would still like to have the music to look at so I can think about my phrasing. Please keep in mind that my skill is not great. Also, does anyone know where I can buy a copy of G. Schirmer's version of 371 Harmonized Chorales & 69 Chorales Melodies with Figured Bass besides on eBay? Thanks. -Anthony

ReplyQuote
(@chrisandcoral)

Hi Anthony - Water and Fire is not that easy...sounds like you're ready to move ahead. You may want to try looking at some shorter movements from JS Bach's violin music, maybe Miyoshi's Conversation, Edward's Marimba Dances, some Musser Etudes. There are student low A marimbas that are a little over 2,000 new and are good for a while for practice. The resale on them is not bad either. Also - even though you've been through some good repertoire I would still be sure to go completely through Green's Instruction Course and Steven's Method of Movement (no matter what grip you use). Good luck, Greg

ReplyQuote
Share: