Notifications
Clear all

marimba solo w/perc ens.?

1 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
(@alwpu)
Topic starter  

Hi everyone. I'm doing my junior recital next semester and I'm looking for a marimba solo w/perc ensemble, preferrably 2-4 percussion. Thanks.

ReplyQuote
(@artgirl01)

Check out 'The Alabados Song' by Paul Bissell - www.gofishmusic.com

There's always Marimba Spritual...it's fun if you've never played it or in it before.

ReplyQuote
(@chrismcnally)

A student of mine did a study of works for marimba solo and percussion ensemble last spring. All works were compiled from the Siwe Guide to Solo and Ensemble Percussion Literature, found at www.pas.org. For marimba and two percussion there are works by Milew, Manassen, Prommel, Loong-Hsing Wen, Wada, Elias, Bright, Nishimura, and Abe. Works for marimba and three percussion included works by Medek, Thrower, Griffin, Mather, Abe, Udow, Hasenpflug, Mockert, Anderson, Shimoyama, Zivkovic, LaBarbera, Kopetzki, Miki, Monkman, Shomoyama, Barber and Zivkovic. The list goes on an on through works for marimba and 15 percussion, written from about 1959 through the present.
Anyone can do a similar search, and find all of these works, giving many to choose from.

ReplyQuote
(@chrisandcoral)

Hi Amanda, if you have not done the Miki yet you should. Greg

ReplyQuote
(@musicajorocu)

My personal favorite is Flatiron Wolf by Thom Hasenpflug. Keiko Abe's Conversation in the Forest I also looks like fun, although I've never heard it performed.

ReplyQuote
Share: