Clear all

Musser etudes

1 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
(@gretavafla)
Topic starter  

Hi Guys,

I was just wondering exactly how many etudes Clair Omar Musser wrote and were published. I cant find a single website that tells me all the information i need to know as part of research for my final year dissertation.

If anyone could help me out that would be great.

ReplyQuote
 jsb
(@jsb)

i have been wondering this for years actually myself. please let us know what you find out.
thanks

ReplyQuote
(@grey_run)

Hello
Is your paper for grad school or undergrad? I did a paper on Musser when I was in grad school. My email address is Wmiller530@hotmail.com
I was once told that Musser may have given original copies to his students which could explain why there are missing numbers.

ReplyQuote
(@chrisandcoral)

I would be afraid to give you the wrong answer, especially when we get into specific titles like prelude as opposed to etude. You may want to contact randy rudolph at Steve Weiss Music. He is a great librarian and they keep that kind of stuff in stock. You may also check directly with the publisher, studio 4 (may have been purchased by Alfred by now). They published many of them. I also have some photo copies of correspondence between John Beck senior and Musser regarding questions about correct notes. John Beck may be a good secondary source. Good luck, Greg

ReplyQuote
(@leelinchow)

There are currently 9 pieces by Clair Omar Musser that are available, all of which are published by Studio 4 Music. Studio 4 was purchased by Marimba Productions in 2004. Alfred used to be the distributor of Studio 4, but now has nothing to do with its publication or distribution. All of the pieces are available at any good music store or from Mostlymarimba.com, which is Studio 4 Music's web site.

There are new editions of 4 of the works (marked *) now published with historical information about Musser and his color picture on the cover.

*Etude Op. 6 No. 2 (Ab Major - can be played w/ or w/o the supplied piano acc.)
*Etude Op. 6 No. 8 (Whole Tone - "Nature Boy")
*Etude Op. 6 No. 9 (B Major)
Etude Op. 6 No. 10 (C Major)
Etude Op. 11 No. 4
Prelude Op. 11 No. 3 (can be played w/ or w/o the supplied piano acc.)
*Prelude Op. 11 No. 7
Polonaise Brilliante by C.M Weber, transcribed by Musser
Scherzo Caprice (w/ piano acc. - arrangements also available with Wind Ensemble or Orchestra acc.)

ReplyQuote
Share: