CONCERTOS!!!!!!! HE...

Notifications
Clear all

CONCERTOS!!!!!!! HELP!!!!!REPERTOIRE!!!!!IM NEW TO THIS!!!!!!!!!

1 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@laelirain)
Topic starter  

Hi All,

Just a few questions!!!

Where can i find a good music shop on the net to buy sheet music!!!!, Im trying to buy march-cadenza for snare drum, cha cha cha for multiple percussion, prism for marimba(2 mallet) by keiko Abe.

Also, im looking for a few concertos to play. I have the creston, but as i feel it is overplayed, id like somthing new(pref. 2 mallet w/ some 4 mallet....im only playing for a year!!!)i have the Koppel concerto no.2 but find that boring, maybee cello or violin concerto is the way to go!!!!!id like to say mayuzumi concerto but im finding it hard to find a recording!!!!

I would find ANY help in terms of repertoire, books, studys ect invaluable and woould realy appreciate it!!!
Please Help Me!!!!!!!

Thanks A Million,Rg4004

ReplyQuote
(@chrisandcoral)

Hi - Try steve weiss music (put that in your search engine and the site will come up). he has a very extensive library. I like the Mayuzumi and it does go over with audiences. I have a recording of that piece on a cd called Concertino (also avail. at weiss). Good luck, Greg

ReplyQuote
(@mcansinor)

you should try the Ney Rusario Concerto for marimba and orchestra. it's very fun to play!

ReplyQuote
(@mcmanturuk)

Hello there!

Sorry to say i haven't any help for you. I actually found this trying to find the 2 mallet version of prism. please let me know if you find it!

Thanks
-Madame Marimba-

ReplyQuote
(@laelirain)
Topic starter  

Thanks everyone for all your help!!!!!

Rg4004..

ReplyQuote
Share: